Pick one or more of the suggestions below
1. Say good morning for 7 days to each person you see. Don’t expect a response, just say good morning.
2. At the next social gathering, introduce yourself to at least 3 strangers (not all at once) and chat for a few minutes.
3. Go somewhere alone (movie, party, etc) or be the only “single” in a group.
4. Refuse a date honestly (“I’m flattered, however I’m going to pass.”)
5. Ask for a better table in a restaurant
6. Ask someone to return something you have loaned if you need it back
7. Start a journal or log book on assertive behavior. Each day record situations in which you:
a) respond assertively
b) respond unassertively
c) avoid confronting altogether
How did you feel afterwards? What would you do differently?